Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Our Long Week

Thankfully we have survived the Flood of '09 with no damage to our house. We woke up around 2am Monday morning to the worst storm I have ever heard. There was lots of rain, loud thunder, and lightening. Even with the intensity of the storm, I never would have imagined there would be so much flooding. At 7am I received a phone call from my opening teacher at the daycare that we had flooding. I got there quickly and found the playground full of water that had risen and flowed into the Infant and 1 year old rooms through their playground doors. It was a mess! Luckily we have a church member that is an insurance adjuster and he called a restoration company. By 2pm all the carpet was ripped up and fans were drying everything out. We finally opened again today but we will have to keep the Infant and 1 year old rooms closed until they are completely dry and we can replace the carpet. Parents were very understanding and so nice about overlooking the loud fans, combined classes, and messy playground. It's only Wednesday but I feel like it should be time for the weekend! I am so thankful that we only had damage in 2 rooms and not the whole daycare. It could have been so much worse.
Zoey loves to put on my shoes so I snapped a few pics today to post. It's so cute to watch her walk around in my heels. I have to be quick to get any pics of her these days. She won't stop for a minute. She's such a priss!


No comments: