Monday, February 15, 2010

Life at 2 years

I have been waiting until we went to Zoey's 2 year old check up to post this. We went last Friday. We are quite a sight at the doctor's office. Zoey starts crying and clinging to me the minute they call her name. We always get this nice male nurse Steven and thank the Lord he is kind and patient. Zoey would not stand on the scales or sit on the baby ones, so I had to stand on the scales with her and then Steven held Zoey and I had to stand by myself. He then subtracted our weight together from my weight to get Zoey's weight. I sure hope they pay him well! She is a whopping 25lbs(21%), 34in tall(39%) and her head is 18 1/4in(17%). I have to get the doctor to assure me every time about how my child eats. She eats about 1 good meal a day but the rest is nibbles here and there so I try to make that something good. She still will not eat any veggies. The doctor did assure me she is fine and will grow out of it.
Here are some other fun facts about my precious girl:
-sleeps 12 hours a night in her big girl bed. She has only gotten out twice during nap time. Now she wakes up and just sits and plays in her bed!
-sleeps with 2 bunnies, Cookie Monster, sheep, puppy, Brobee, teddy bear, a baby doll, and 2 blankies!
-would wear her purple dress-up skirt and crocs with every outfit if I let her!
-loves to talk about shapes, letters, and numbers all the time lately. She can correctly identify a circle, triangle, square, diamond, and heart. She often says "I see number 8 or letter a" when we are in the car but it's not right. I love that she is trying though!
-loves to read her princess book every night. Zoey still loves to read books and will cuddle to read at any time.
-takes care of babies by strolling them, feeding them, and giving them kisses
-favorite phrases: "What's that?"-even though she knows what it is, it's her new tactic for attention!, "I love my friends.", "Where did my ____ go?", "I want to play in my playroom. Mommy turn on the light!" Zoey continues to be very verbal and can say pretty much anything and everything.
-has a good memory, It seriously amazes Joe and I sometimes. She remembers people when she meets them. She remembers things she is taught at school easily. She remembers things we tell her.
-gets tickled when we joke with her and sometimes makes jokes of her own. She calls Joe "Daddy waddy" and laughs when she does it. She will make up funny songs or words. It's really cute!
-I am not even attempting potty training until I know we will be completely successful. I know Zoey is mentally ready but still not quite physically ready. She is still wet in the mornings and sometimes at nap time. We'll see how the next few months go but I am aiming for summer when she is wearing lots of dresses. It seems like that will make it easier?!
-I wouldn't say we are having terrible two's but more typical two's. Zoey has days where she is really fussy and whiney and needs more discipline. She has started saying no to us in the last few days and saying "my hair" or "my cheeks" if she doesn't want you to touch her or kiss her.
-For the part she is sweet, very loving, silly, girly, and still my adorable little buggie boo!




I've got my 'puter!

Working like Mommy and Daddy

My favorite thing:taking care of all my babies

Here I come!

I've got the diaper bag and all!

No comments: