It has taken me weeks to type this but I didn't want to leave out any details on the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Here is the eventful story!
I went to my 35 wk appt & it was the normal routine-measure my belly, check to see if I was feeling ok, 30 mins later I am out the door & back to work. The dr decided to have me come back at 37 wks since everything had been great my whole pregnancy. On Monday, May 7 I went in for my 37 wk appt & everything changed. I had been at work that morning & decided I would take Zoey with me to the appt. She had not been in a while & I wanted her to come one last time & hear Jude's heartbeat. I told everyone at work we would be back in about 45 mins. We got to the dr & I started the routine stuff. When I got back to the exam room the nurse told me my protein level was off & my blood pressure was high so I needed to lay down & wait for the dr. When Dr Hood came in he checked my blood pressure again. I could tell something was really not right. I had some swelling but other than that I felt fine. Dr Hood seemed very concerned & told me I had to go home immediately & put my feet up. He said they would do some blood work before I left & that he wanted to see me in 24 hrs. I was a little shocked but I just did the blood work, went to work & told everyone I was on 24 hr bed rest, & went home & put my feet up. I honestly thought I would test for a day & then everything would be fine. Wrong!
When I returned to the dr on Tuesday he informed me that he was going to send me to the hospital for more testing & if it didn't come back well then he would induce me. What? I was ready for Jude to come but not that ready. I left the dr's office in tears & called Joe at work to come meet me at the hospital because this could be the day! Thank God my mom was here & calmed me down. We went to the hospital for a few hours only to decide that I could go back home for more bed rest & return to dr on Friday. Let me tell you, bed rest is miserable! It seems great that you have nothing to do but lay around & wait for the baby, but for this girl, I don't do nothing well. It felt like eternity until Friday. Back to the dr we went & had a stress test to make sure Jude was ok. It was so great to see him on the ultrasound again. Dr Hood told me his plan was to get me to 38 weeks & induce me on Wednesday. All I could think was how long I would have to lay around. At least it was we had Zoey's dance recital on Saturday & I was not going to miss that. Sunday was Mother's day & it was precious. Joe gave me my push present early & it was a beautiful ring. It definitely cheered me up!
Monday I returned to the dr & got some surprise news. Dr Hood decided he needed to induce me early. He said "meet me at the hospital tonight at 11pm" & it was the best words ever! Joe & I got our bags ready & arrived at the hospital on time. The nurse finally got my pitocin going around 1am. I was not even dialated. She had a delivery & came back around 4am to bump it up. I asked for the epidural. I did not want to feel anything! I got it about 5am & was still only 2cm. Dr. Hood came in at 8am & checked me. I was 4cm so he broke my water. He joked with me that he had a surgery at 12pm & needed me to the baby before then. 15 minutes later I started really feeling my contractions so I asked the nurse if she could check my epidural. She called Dr Hood to come in & he checked me. Lo & behold I was ready to push. He & the nurses scrambled to get everything prepped. At 8:57 & 3 pushes later Jude Everett made his appearance. He weighed 6lbs 8oz & had a head of brown hair & bright pink lips. It was the sweetest delivery & he cuddled me immediately. It was instant love!
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment