Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fever Time

Well this week has already taken a toll on us and it's only Tuesday! Zoey started with a fever Sunday afternoon. She said her throat hurt so we just watched movies and she went to bed early. Around 11pm she woke up crying and burning up. I moved her to the couch with me and she woke up every hour crying. At 6am I took her temp and it was 103. By this point I was convinced she has strep throat. We headed to the dr first thing and he concluded...nothing! No strep, no prescription, no diagnosis. He just said to give her Popsicles & come back Thursday if she still had fever. Today she broke out in a rash so I have self diagnosed her with roseola. I am really hoping for a good night of sleep for all of us. I don't like having a sick baby girl!

1 comment:

Lauren and Eddie said...

Tee, James had roseola when he was almost 1. Greg Herzog's wife Facebook diagnosed him for me. :) He had a fever for about a day and then a few days later the rash appeared. It looked a LOT like measles. My understanding was that once that rash appears they're no longer contagious. I kept him home anyway to avoid scaring other mamas. Hope she feels better soon!